Kristyne A. Bullock concentrates her practice in patent procurement and transactional matters, patent litigation, and IP portfolio strategy and management. She conducts due diligence analyses for mergers and acquisitions and provides guidance and counseling to clients in patent law and interpretation, the implications of intellectual property law on business and commercial strategies, and licensing and IP-related agreements.
She is able to counsel and educate clients on matters involving the interaction of patent law and regulatory provisions in U.S. and non-U.S. jurisdictions. Her experience includes identifying and advising clients on “design around” options and associated level of risk; supervising patent litigations and challenges in U.S. and non-U.S. jurisdictions.
Prior to co-founding Calderone Bullock LLC, Ms. Bullock was a Intellectual Property attorney at a mid-size general practice firm. She also served as associate patent counsel to Colgate-Palmolive Company in Piscataway, New Jersey, supporting the oral care business. There she coordinated its U.S. and foreign patent procurement and developed long-term global patent strategies to support product lines. Her experience in-house provides her with a unique appreciation and insight into the needs of her corporate clients, including an experience in maximizing intellectual property strategies while managing IP-related commercial risk to better support the corporation’s business goals and leveraging synergies of related companies’ portfolios. She was previously with the Philadelphia office of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld in the Intellectual Property Practice Group with a focus on biotechnology and chemical patent practice from 2000 to 2004.
- Technology Patents, LLC v. Deutsch Telekom AG
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications of chemical and biotechnological inventions before the United States PTO including drafting of amendments, responses and appeal briefs
- Representing diverse clients in patent litigation matters, including manufacturers of elastomers, manufacturers of processed foods, fabricators of stainless steel and telecommunications companies
- Providing patent risk assessments of competitors’ pending patent application for major product launches
- Carrying out due diligence analyses for company’s acquisitions
- Drafting and negotiating strategic alliance, licensing and collaboration agreements for drug and consumer technologies
- Advising companies with respect to interplay of patent and regulatory exclusivities
Key Industry Areas
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
- Polymers and Specialty Chemicals
- Design and Food
- Construction materials
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Supreme Court of the State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Biotechnology and Emerging Technologies Group
- Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association
Honors and Awards
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D.
- Chairperson, Intellectual Property Law Society
- University of Cincinnati, College of Arts and Sciences, M.S. Program
- Gettysburg College, B.S., Biology
Articles and Alerts